Thursday, November 9, 2017

Sydney Opera House & Harbour Bridge



Today was the day we ventured down to Circular Quay (pronounced key) to see one of the world's most iconic landmarks, the Sydney Opera House. After a leisurely ferry ride down the Parramatta River and a stop at Cockatoo Island (I will post pics in another post) we arrived in Circular Quay to this fabulous view.



After docking we walked over to the Opera House for a closer view and a good picture in front of the Harbour Bridge. 



After walking around the outside and inside of the Opera House we spent about an hour walking across the Harbour Bridge. It is 1.5 miles across the Harbour Bridge and you get amazing views of the Opera House and harbour. Today was windy and there were a dozen or more sailboats sailing in the harbour. It was a beautiful sight.  




I have 100s of pictures from today but these are my favorite. By the way, with the Australian wine and Tim-Tam cookies I may never leave! I will be bringing Tim-Tam's to work with me after Thanksgiving to share (maybe)!

2 comments:

  1. Your trip look amazing! So happy that I get to travel along with you via this blog! :)

    ReplyDelete